Jan 6, 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #1 of 1
To add a new email account in Microsoft Outlook:
How do I add a new email account in Outlook or Outlook Express?
- Open Outlook
- Click on the Tools Menu, then Email Accounts
- Choose "Add a new Email Account", then click "Next"
- Select POP3 for the type of account.
- Click Next
- Under User Information, enter your full name and the email address provided to you.
- Under Server Information, enter "mail.greatmail.com"
- Under Logon Information, enter your full email address.
- Enter your password.
- Click the More Settings button, then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Enable the checkbox for "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication." Make sure "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is also chosen.
- Click "OK", then click "Next" and finally on "Finish"
To add a new email account in Microsoft Outlook Express:
- Select Tools/Accounts.
- Click on the Add button, select Add Mail.
- Enter your display name, ie 'Your Name' and click Next.
- Enter your email address, and click Next.
- If you are making a POP3 connection, select POP3 in the server menu and enter 'mail.greatmail.com' for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- Enter your entire email address in the account name field.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Highlight your new account and click on the Properties button.
- Click on the Servers tab and click the Outgoing Mail Server check box 'My Server Requires authentication'.
- Click on the Settings button to verify that 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' is selected and click OK.
- Click Apply and click OK to finish.
(This post was edited by Administrator on Mar 15, 2007, 10:54 AM)