Jan 12, 2005, 9:26 PM
Post #1 of 1
To review how SpamAssassin scores a message, you must review the message's header content as follows:
How can I review how SpamAssassin scores a message?
1. In Outlook Express, highlight the message in your inbox.
2. Select File/Properties.
3. Click on the Details Tab.
4. In the message header content, if SpamAssassin is enabled for your account you should see something like:
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.0.0 (2004-09-13) on
X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=13.7 required=4.0 tests=BAYES_99,FORWARD_LOOKING,
* 2.7 MIME_BOUND_RKFINDY Spam tool pattern in MIME boundary (rfkindy)
* -0.0 SPF_HELO_PASS SPF: HELO matches SPF record
* -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
* 2.2 FORWARD_LOOKING BODY: Stock Disclaimer Statement
* 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
* 0.1 HTML_FONT_BIG BODY: HTML tag for a big font size
* 0.1 MPART_ALT_DIFF BODY: HTML and text parts are different
* 0.0 HTML_NONELEMENT_00_10 BODY: 0% to 10% of HTML elements are non-standard
* 1.9 BAYES_99 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
* [score: 1.0000]
* 0.2 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
* 3.0 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
* [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?126.96.36.199>]
* 0.1 RCVD_IN_SBL RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus SBL
* [188.8.131.52 listed in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org]
* 1.0 URIBL_SBL Contains an URL listed in the SBL blocklist
* [URIs: www.infoemail-web.com]
* 2.4 MIME_HTML_ONLY_MULTI Multipart message only has text/html MIME parts
* 0.0 MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART Spam tool pattern in MIME boundary
In the above example, SpamAssassin has flagged this message as spam. The X-Spam-Status indicates that only 4 points are required for messages to be flagged as spam and SpamAssassin has given this message a score of 13.7.
(This post was edited by Administrator on Jan 12, 2005, 9:27 PM)